The safest way to transport them is in their original packaging. They usually come with foam inserts & sized to fit. Several smaller boxes can fit into larger moving boxes when packed. What if we threw the original box away? Let's get creative.
- Clean and wipe off the device first.
- Use sheets, towels, or old clothing to protect it. Secure with tape.
- Pack in a box that is close to the size of the device.
- Mark the box fragile or this end up if necessary.
- Use foam peanuts, bubble wrap, or news print to fill voids inside the box.
- Backup your data and disconnect your PC yourself.
Televisions should have their stands removed. This will allow the T.V. to be loaded in a flat space. They come off with a few bolts or screws.
Cardboard can also be cut and folded over the screen for added protection.
When unpacking Computers & electronics, allow them a few hours(up to 24) to adjust to room temperature before plugging them in.